Friday 8 August 2014

I SWALLOWED 92 WRAPS OF COCAINE FOR $7,000 DOLLARS-DRUG SUSPECT


A suspected drug trafficker, Nzewi Lotanna said that he ingested ninety-two (92) wraps of cocaine in expectation of seven thousand dollars. The suspect was apprehended by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos on his way to Istanbul, Turkey.

According to the NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, Lotanna was detected with the aid of scanning machines. “We have apprehended an Istanbul-bound passenger in connection with drug trafficking. The suspect by name Nzewi Lotanna tested positive for drug ingestion during the outward screening of Turkish airline passengers. As a result, we placed him under close observation. In the process, he excreted 92 pieces of white powdery substances that tested positive for cocaine weighing 1.630kg”.

In his statement, the 25-year-old Onitsha based trader said that he was enticed by the sum of 7,000 dollars offered to him by his sponsors. “After my primary education at Saint Mary Primary School, Nnewi, I could not further my studies due to lack of money. I later began to sell female dresses, shoes and hand bags to earn a living. At a point, I could no longer afford to pay for my rent due to poor business patronage. Life was so difficult to the extent that I became a destitute. This was my condition when somebody told me that if only I can traffic in cocaine, he will pay me the sum of 7,000 dollars. I saw it as a life line and could not turn down the offer” Lotanna stated. He hails from Anambra State.

Honourable Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade said that drug traffickers will continue to encounter brick walls at the nation’s entry and exit points. In his words, “the Agency will remain vigilant and arrest drug traffickers at the entry and exit points. Arrest and prosecution is one of our strategies in curtailing the criminal act of drug trafficking. The suspect will be charged to court in line with the provisions of the NDLEA Act”.

No comments:

Post a Comment